Dear PSJES Families,
Welcome! Port St. Joe Elementary School is committed to making a positive impact on the academic achievement and attainment to a lifelong love for learning for all students. We have a vision that our school will be a learning environment with enthusiasm, positive attitudes, respect, and 100% participation from all stakeholders. The learning environment is built around the learner. Our curriculum focuses on core subject areas, students’ background, experiences, interests, learning styles, and needs. We envision the family, the school, and the community working together in a cooperative effort and committed to the idea of helping each child to be ready to learn and to achieve his/her greatest potential. We have many organizations and programs in place that are built around our vision.
- Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) – An organization made up of parents and teachers that provide support to meeting school goals throughout the school year.
- School Advisory Committee (SAC) – A committee of parents and school professionals that meet throughout the school year with a goal in school improvement.
- Accelerated Reader Program- An independent reading reward program.
- SOAR- A school wide reward/discipline plan created to ensure a safe, organized, accountable, and respectful learning environment.
- Technology- It is our goal to ensure that each teacher and grade level is equipped with up to date technology, including student computers, laptops, and iPads, as well as Smartboard technology in each classroom.
- After School Programs- Two afterschool programs, 21st Century Enrichment Program and Title I Tutoring are available for students to receive homework help and enrichment opportunities.
If you are interested in any of the organizations and programs in place at Port St. Joe Elementary School, we encourage collaboration. We are working together for our common goal- the students! It is going to be a wonderful school year!
Mrs. Joni Mock,Principal
Port St. Joe Elementary
2201 Long Avenue
Port St. Joe, Florida 32456
Mrs. Joni Mock